Three suspects released on warning

After the burnt body of Emma Refiloe Seloadi (19) was discovered on the 10th June 2015, at the nearby bushes in Mothotlung, three suspects were arrested, charged with murder and held at Mothutlung Police Station.

EmmaA case of assault with intention to cause grievous bodily harm was opened at Mothotlung SAPS, and three suspects were arrested and have since appeared before Ga-Rankuwa magistrate’s court on the 12th of June 2015. According to the Magistrate, there was insufficient evidence linking the suspects to the murder case and therefore the suspects were released on warning and the investigating officer was advised by the Magistrate to further investigate more on the case. “Since there was no evidence linking the three suspects to the murder case, they had to be released on warning. The matter has been handed over to the Province and they will be conducting the telephone conversation investigations. We are also doing all we can on our side and so far we have built a strong promising case against possible suspects.” said Sergeant Menyatso.


Recapping the story: Emma was last seen with her cousin while on their way to a nearby Pub at Mothotlung called Beef cake’s place. The two ladies were later joined by five males driving a green VW Golf and a white Honda Ballade while having some good time at the aforementioned pub. Emma was reported missing on the evening of the 6th of June 2015, a few days before youth day. On Sunday the 7th June 2015 at about 19:15, a missing person’s report was done at Mothotlung SAPS. Emma’s body was found burnt with her legs and one hand amputated.The police previously indicated that Emma was approached by one of the man who went with her outside to buy her some fried chips. Later on, the man left Emma outside the pub to attend some family issues at home; according to his statement. A recent information by the investigating officer is that blood and saliva samples were taken to the lab for testing and the suspects were also tested for more evidence. The investigations further indicate that a number of phone calls were made from Emma’s cellphone.


Investigations continue!